The Manage Expense Categories Tool can be used to update and rename the Expense Categories available to users when submitting their expenses in CMap. In this article, you’ll learn how to set up and edit the names of the Categories and archive any Expense Categories that are no longer required. You can also reorder the Categories so that your most used categories are easily accessible.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Set up an Expense Category
- Edit an Expense Category
- Archive and Expense Category
- Reorder Expense Categories
Set up an Expense Category
1. From your Dashboard, go to the Admin tab by selecting the On the left-hand side navigation bar, scroll down to EXPENSES and select Expense Categories.
The Expense Categories listed here will show as category options when users are itemising their Expense claims.
2. At the bottom of the Expense Categories list, you will see a text box. Type in the Name of the new category.
3. Click Add Item.
If you would like your new Expense Category to appear further up the list when users come to select a category when submitting an expense claim, simply click the Expense Category and drag to where you would like it to appear.
Edit an Expense Category
1. Head back into the Expense Categories Tool in the Admin section.
2. Click the icon next to the item you wish to edit and change the Name.
3. When you're happy with the changes, click Save.
Archive an Expense Category
1. To Archive an Expense Category, select the icon at the end of the row.
2. You will be asked to confirm whether you want to Archive this option. Press Yes and the Expense Category will be archived.
Historic personal Expense claims booked to an archived Expense Category will remain intact. To restore an archived Expense category, click the Show Archived Items link and click Restore.
Reorder Expense Categories
If you would like your new Expense Category to appear further up the list when users come to select a category, simply click the Expense Category and drag it to where you would like it to appear in the list.
Hopefully, you can now manage the Expense Categories, so that users submit accurate Expense claims that include all of the required information Finance users and Line Managers need to process the claim.