The Manage Internal Timesheet Codes enables you to create, update and archive the Internal Timesheet Codes available to users when recording and submitting their timesheets. The Manage Internal Timesheet Codes can also be used to record whether an Internal Timesheet Code should be included or excluded (e.g. sickness) from Productivity Calculations.
In this article, you’ll learn how to:
- Add an Internal Code
- Edit an Existing Internal Code
- Archive an Existing Internal Code
- Unarchive an Existing Internal Code
Add an Internal Code
1. From your Dashboard, go to the Admin Tab by selecting the icon, which you will find in the top right-hand corner of your Dashboard when you log in to CMap.
2. On the left-hand side of your screen, you will see the USERS & SECURITY navigation side extension. Scroll down to the bottom to find TIMESHEETS & TIME OFF.
3. Select Internal Timesheet Codes. You will then see a list of Internal Timesheet Codes.
The Internal Codes you see in your CMap instance will probably differ from the ones shown below, as this will be unique to each CMap Client.
To reorder the Internal Codes in the list, you can drag and drop the codes. Simply select it and move the cursor to where you would like it to appear.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list where you will find a text box. Enter the name of the Code you wish to add in to CMap.
5. Before you press Add Item, you need to choose whether to select Internal Time Off. Selecting the Internal Time Off checkbox will determine whether any Time entries marked against this Internal Code is deemed as Internal Time Off, such as Public Holidays or Sickness.
This is important because it determines whether or not the Time booked to the Internal Code is included within Productivity calculations.
6. Now you are ready to press Add Item. Your new Internal Code will be added to the bottom of the list and will now appear in the Internal Code drop-down list on your Timesheet.
Edit an Existing Internal Code
1. Find the Internal Code you wish to edit from the list. Press the pencil icon on the right-hand side next to this code.
2. Edit the text in the text box.
3. Press Save when you are happy with the changes you have made to the Internal Code.
Archive an Existing Internal Code
1. Find the Internal Code you wish to archive from the list. Press the on the right-hand side next to this code.
2. A pop-up box will appear asking whether you are sure you want to archive this option.
If you press Yes, the Internal Code will be archived. If you press Cancel, the code will stay where it is.
Historic recordings booked to this code will remain intact. However, the codes will no longer appear in Timesheets for selection.
Unarchive an Existing Internal Code
1. Press Show Archived Items, which you will find at the top of the Internal Codes list.
2. Find the Internal Code you wish to unarchive, then press Restore.
3. Press Show Live Items and the Internal Code you restored will now be back in the list with the other Internal Codes and be available to select in the Internal Code dropdown list in the Timesheet.
Hopefully, you now know how to add new Internal Timesheet Codes and edit your existing codes. By categorising non-project time spent by staff, it will create more accurate tracking and reporting of non-project time.