Security Groups relate to the access permissions that are granted to each CMap user account (e.g. which parts of the system they can view, edit and update).Managing and regularly reviewing Security Groups is really important to ensure that users continue to have appropriate access to CMap aligned to their role.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Add Users to a Security Group
- Edit a Security Group
- Delete a Security Group
Add users to a Security Group
1. To access your Security Groups, from your Dashboard, head to CMap's Admin area by clicking on the icon, found on the right-hand side of the page.
2. Under the heading USERS & SECURITY, click Security Groups. You will see a list of your Security Groups.
3. At the end of the row on each Security Group, you will see the Actions menu. Click Add Users.
4. Begin to type in the User's Name in the text box and a list will appear. Select the User from the list. Repeat this process until you have a full list of users.
You can also change the Security Group that a User belongs to using CMap's Your Users Tool. Click here to learn more.
5. Click Add and the users will now be added to the relevant Security Group.
Edit a Security Group
To edit a Security Group Name or Description, click on the Actions menu and select Edit.
Here you can make the necessary changes by typing directly into the text fields and then press Save. This will store any changes you have made in the database.
Delete a Security Group
To delete a Security Group, click on the Actions menu and select Delete.
A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm that you wish to archive the Security Group.
Click Yes and the Security Group will be removed from the database.
Hey presto! You should now be able to manage Security Groups in CMap by adding new users, editing their name and description and deleting any groups that are no longer required.