Once a Client has agreed the quote and is happy to go ahead with the Project, you will need to win the Project in CMap and convert the Potential to a Live Project. You can also Part Win a Project or mark the Project as Lost if it is not going ahead. This article outlines the steps to take when a Project has been won or lost in order to convert a Potential Project to a Live Project.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Win a Project
- Part Win a Project
- Lose a Project
Win a Project
1. From your Dashboard, you can access your Potential Projects from either the CRM tab or the Projects tab.
2. You will be taken to the Potentials area. Click on the Project No-Title that you wish to update.
3. Click Actions in the right-hand corner. Select We’ve Won the Project.
4. A pop-up box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to convert this Potential to a Project. Click Yes. This will move the Project to Live Projects in the Projects tab.
Part Win a Project
You have the ability to Part Win a Project. For example, a client may wish to go ahead with Phase 1 of the Project but want to hold off on Phase 2 for now. The elements that have been Won then becomes a Live Project, whereas the others remain in the Pipeline until later on when you either win them or lose them. If they are eventually won, then they are incorporated with the original part of the Project that has been Won.
1. Follow steps 1- 3 as shown above to access the Project Details page that you would like to update.
2. In the Actions menu, select Part Win this Project. A pop-up box will appear.
3. Select the elements you have Won by clicking into the tick-box and leave the elements you have not Won. Click Part Win this Project.
The elements of the Project that you have Won will now appear in the Live Projects tab and those that have not yet been Won will remain in the Pipeline tab. They are given the same Project number, so will be incorporated should the remaining elements be Won.
Lose a Project
If a Potential Project does not go ahead for some reason, then you can let CMap know. This information provides valuable insights and can be used to generate some useful reports.
1. Follow steps 1-3 as shown above in Win a Project.
2. In the Actions menu, select We’ve Lost the Project. A pop-up box will appear.
3. Select the Reason from the drop-down list or click Other if they are not applicable. Write a short Note to explain why the Project has been Lost.
The Reasons are configurable by your CMap Admin users, so please contact them should you require further Reasons to be added here.
Hey presto! Hopefully you now know how to show that a Project has been Won, Part Won or Lost in CMap. Ensuring that the status of the Project is up-to-date is important, as the information provides valuable insights and can be used to generate reports, which may be used to inform your future business practices.