CMap has the functionality to enable users to submit both Project Expenses (the Expenses incurred in relation to a specific Project) and Non-Project Expenses (for example, the Expenses incurred in relation to internal travel between offices). This article sets out the steps to take to quickly and easily submit an Expense claim.
1. From your Dashboard, head to the Time + Expenses tab and select Expenses. Under My Expense Claims, you can see any claims that have been made and their status, for example, whether they are open, awaiting approval or have been paid.
2. Click on the button in the right- hand side of the screen. A new screen will appear.
By default, the name of the Expense form is given as the Month of the Expenses but you can amend this and call it something else if you wish to do so. Once you are happy with the name that you have given your Expense form, click on the Save button.
3. A blank Expense form will appear. You can now add the Expenses into your claim form by completing the fields under the Add an Expense Item heading. You can change the Category for the Claim, which will change the fields for you to complete.
If the expense is Project related, remember to complete the Project field so that the expense can be logged against the project. If the expense is not project-related, leave the Project field blank.
It is possible to add a receipt to your Expense claims by adding an attachment (such as a scanned receipt) into the Expense item. This field will appear when you select Yes for a Receipt.
4. Complete all of the fields and click on the Save button. Your claim will then move up to the Claim Items section.
5. Continue to add Expense items until they are all under the Claim Items list and then click Submit Expense Claim. Press Yes when asked whether you are sure.
What happens next?
- Once submitted, the Expense Claim status will update from Open to Awaiting FIN Approval. You will be able to monitor the status of your claim whilst it is being processed.
- Should your Expense claim be rejected, CMap will automatically send you an email to say that your Expenses have been rejected and the approver will be able to write notes explaining their decision. Click here to find out more about resubmitting a rejected Expense Claim.
- If you need to go back into your Expenses to adjust them and resubmit them, this is still possible at this stage. A claim line item can be deleted at any stage by clicking on the 'X' at the end of the line.
Hopefully, you can now submit your Expense Claim and manage it within your My Claims area. Here you will be able to track the progress of your Claim as it moves through the approval process.