HR Module updates
We’ve made 4 significant HR-related updates that will enable you to do more with the functionality:
Extra Activities updates
We intend to do a larger review of the activities functionality in the Spring 2021 Release, there were some items we wanted to act more quickly on:
- A new “Copy From Fee Estimator” function automatically copies tasks from the Fee Estimator as activities so they can be assigned to individuals.
- An “Is Empty” filter has been added to the “Category” field in the grids, so they can be be filtered and updated.
- Automated Activity Templates can now be applied to potential projects even if you don’t set a Project Manager and Co-pilot(s) at this stage.
Stricter Invoicing Controls
This optional feature applies further restrictions, including:
- Preventing edits to created invoices
- Introducing the approval of ”draft” invoices, which locks-in the details and ensure no further edits are possible
- Introducing an “Are you sure?” prompt on invoice creation, warning no further changes are possible
- The option to disable the Word format so only PDFs can be created
New Invoice Creation button
We’ve made a subtle change to the invoice creation button in CMap. The change tidies up and standardises the interface across all editions.
Now, rather than having a multitude of buttons and links, you’ll find a single, clean Create button, which opens-up the relevant options e.g. creating a draft, creating an invoice, etc.
Invoicing Purchase Invoices in RT&M
If you have the Resourced Time & Materials field type (primarily those of you on the Consulting & Accounting Editions), we’ve made a change that enables you to also include purchase invoices on your sales invoices.
When you’re in the page where you determine the entries and expenses to include on the sales invoice, you’ll now find you can include un-billed purchase invoices too.
If selected, they’ll also be included in the detailed breakdown on the backing sheet.
Quickbooks Online integration updates
We’ve made some changes that solve an issue with the automated tax function that applies to instances of QuickBooks Online in the US.
CMap now passes the State through from the invoicing address, which enables the tax to be calculated correctly in QuickBooks Online.
Quickbooks Desktop integration
A new QuickBooks Desktop integration is ready to be launched at the end of the beta period.
It enables CMAP to transfer sales invoices, personal expenses and purchase invoices to QuickBooks Desktop and also enables CMAP to read sales receipts from QuickBooks Desktop.
PTO (Paid Time Off)
We’ve made changes to help regions of the world where annual leave is calculated on an accrual basis i.e. a person gains x number of days leave for each month they work.
The new functionality enables you to configure the settings for leave types and users, so the accruals can be automatically administered.
Architects & Engineers Template Bookmarks
We’ve created a new version of the Stage Breakdown bookmark that only shows “won” stages.
The ”fee” value is summed up to include the fee and externals removing the breakdown of external costs and totalling at the stage level.
The existing Stage Breakdown bookmark has also been updated to show an additional column with the “Externals”, which will enable the grid of figures to balance up.