1. From your Dashboard, go to the Finance tab. On the left-hand side navigation bar, you’ll see the section, XERO, where you can access all of the Xero integration tools.
2. Click on Map Tracking Categories. Select the Xero Company that you would like to connect to from the drop-down list and press Allow access for 30mins.
If you are using this tool for the first time, you will be asked to authorise CMap to push/pull information to Xero. Simply press Connect to XERO to continue.
3. If you are already logged in to Xero, you’ll be redirected back to CMap. If not, you may need to enter your Xero login details here.
You will be able to see which company you are connected to at the top of the Map Tracking Categories page.
4. On the left-hand side, you’ll see the Tracking Categories that have been pulled in from Xero. On the right-hand side, you’ll see dropdown menus for CMap fields that you can map the categories to.
5. Next to each category, use the drop-down menu to select the CMap field that you would like the data to populate from.
Mapping these correctly means that the data will transfer from the chosen field into the Tracking Category in Xero.
6. Once you have mapped your Tracking Categories, press Save and these will be updated.
In Xero, you have different Tracking Category options. For example, in the category “Sector”, you may have a number of options beneath this, such as, “Education”, “Government” or “Healthcare” etc. If a Tracking Category option has been added in to CMap but doesn’t exist in Xero, when you come to transfer the data, the Tracking Category option is not automatically created for you. The data will need to be transferred into Xero, but the missing category option will need to be created and then updated in CMap before you can post if fully.