The Documents Add-On module enables you to store your documents right where you need them in CMap, so they're always in context and easy to find. Documents can be stored against a Company, Project or People Profile. A key feature of the Documents Add-On is the ability to create Proposal / Quote Documents based on your own personalised templates, with CMap data (including the Fee Estimator) automatically populated within the documents.
In this article, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a new folder
- Create a new Document
- Upload a Document
- Additional Actions
Create a New Folder
You are able to create bespoke folder structures to make sure your documents are grouped and organised.
1. Within the Documents tab, click on the icon on the right-hand side of the page.
2. A pop-up box will appear. Here you can enter the name of the folder and then click Save.
You can add as many folders as you need to build your bespoke folder structure.
Create a New Document
If you want to create a new document from a document template, this can also be done in CMap.
1. Click on the button on the top, left-hand side of the page. The following box will appear.
2. Select an existing Template from the drop-down list.
3. Enter a Name for the document and then click Create. The Document will be now be created.
Upload a Document
You can upload documents from your desktop in a few simple steps.
1. Click on the icon underneath the Project Code and Title.
2. A pop-up box will appear. Click Choose File. Once you had found the document, click Upload.
The Actions menu can be found underneath the Project Code and Title in the top right-hand corner.
If you click on the Actions menu, a list of options will appear which gives you the ability and flexibility to perform various editorial tasks.
Downloading, Check-in/out & Unlock
To Download or Check-Out the file you can either click into the Actions menu, or if you click on the title of the document the following box will appear:
- Download a copy: Simply click on Download a copy or Download to zip in the Actions menu depending on your requirements, the file will then be saved to your computer.
- Check-out the file: When you Check-out the file, you can edit it, Save it and then check it back in. The document is listed as Checked-out, with the name of the person and when it was Checked-out to flag to other users that the document is being edited.
- Check- in the file: Tick the box next to the file you wish to Check-in and select Check- in in the Actions menu. You can then locate your saved file and upload it back on to the system.
Rename, Copy, Move & Delete
These options are all accessible via the Actions menu. Simply check the box next to the document that you wish to rename, copy, move or delete and select the relevant option in the Actions menu.
The Document History allows you to view the different versions of the document that have been Checked In, who amended the document and on what date.
You are able to email your document straight from CMap, simply select the Email option from the Actions menu, complete the relevant fields and click send.
Hopefully you now understand how to create new Documents in CMap and how to store them in folders. You should also be able to upload Documents to CMap and understand what actions you can take with them.