Once a Project Manager approves an Invoice, the Invoice will follow the automated workflow to the individual responsible (typically a Finance Administrator) for invoice creation. You can then add the relevant information into the invoice, (e.g. invoice description, address, tax rate, currency), and then the invoice can be created in PDF or Word.
In this article, we’ll look at:
- Where to find Invoices in CMap
- Create an Invoice
Where to find Invoices in CMap
You can access a project’s invoice(s) through various areas in CMap:
1. My Scheduled Invoices Dashboard box: CMap will alert you of all invoices that you have scheduled to be billed in-month.
2. Invoice Report: You can find a list of invoices scheduled to be billed in the Standard Reports area.
3. Invoicing Schedule: This can be found within the Fee Estimator page and also on a project’s Invoicing page.
Create an Invoice
1. From your Dashboard, head to the Projects tab. Select Live Projects and find your project from the list.
2. Select the Project No-Title. Head to the Invoicing page.
3. Click the Generate Invoice button on the blue Invoiced bar. You will be taken to the Invoice Creator tool.
4. Enter the Title for the Invoice and then click on the arrow next to More Info should you wish to add a description.
5. Select the Workstages you would like to include in your invoice by clicking into the tick box.
You can add any optional notes at this point too.
Check the information that was entered when the invoice was originally scheduled, including the value and any instructional notes on the right-hand side panel. You should refer to this before building your invoice because if the Invoice amount does not match the scheduled amount, it will automatically be updated to match the new invoice value.
6. On the right-hand side of the Invoice Creator you’ll find a number of options. Whilst these have already been pre-set, you should review them and change where necessary:
- Template - Choose the Invoice Template you wish to use
- Contact - Choose the contact you want the invoice addressed to
- Address - Choose the correct address
- Tax Rate - Choose the appropriate tax rate
- Invoice Date - Set the date you wish to appear on your invoice
On the right-hand side of the Invoice Creator, you’ll see an Actions box. Here you can perform the following:
- Invoice in a different currency
- Get previous invoice notes: CMap will pull through the most recent note for the selected invoice element(s)
- Download Expenses Receipts: CMap will amalgamate and export the receipts attached to any expense claims linked to this invoice.
Show in Backing Sheet
You can also choose to include the following in the Invoice Backing Sheet:
- Details of Time Charge
- Names of Time Charge
- Stage Breakdown
Once you’ve entered all of the content for you invoice, you now have the following options:
- Create the Invoice: Click the green Create Invoice button. CMap will then create your invoice in Microsoft Word and automatically download it to your PC.
Once you have clicked Create, no further changes can be made to the Invoice.
- Generate a draft copy: Click the icon to create a draft copy that can be shared with clients.
- Save Changes: CMap will save your changes but not create the Invoice. You can then return and create it when you’re ready.
Hey Presto! Once you’ve created your invoice, you can either print it or email it to your client. You can then return to your dashboard and repeat until all Invoices have been created and the Invoices Due for Creation dashboard box is empty.