In this article, we’ll create a number box that displays your overall Revenue Target for the current financial year. Here’s what it will look like:
Before we start, if you don’t already have a sales target for the year, use the Team Targets tool in the Admin area to enter a revenue target for the financial year. You can always update this target in the future if you enter a starter-for-ten placeholder value. Needless to say, if you don’t have a sales target, the dashboard box will display zero.
Build the Report
1. Hover the cursor over Reports and click Report Builder in the green navigation bar.
2. Click the Create a New Report button.
3. Click the green Choose a Report Type button and choose Targets from the drop-down list, then click the OK button.
4. Drag the Target Type field (under Basic Data) to the Preset Filters box, then click the down arrow and tick Business Unit.
5. Drag the Date field (under Basic Data) to the Preset Filters box, then click the down arrow and tick Current Financial Year.
6. Drag the Target field (under Calculated Data) to the Columns box.
7. Click into the Report Title box and type “Revenue Target”.
8. Click into the Description box and type “This box shows your revenue target for this financial year”.
9. Click Save Report.
Design the Layout
1. Click the Tools menu and click Layout Editor.
2. Click Add a Chart.
3. On the Chart Type pop-up, select the Number Box icon.
4. Select the Target field as the number to display.
5. Under options, un-tick Show Legend and un-tick Show Axis Labels.
6. Click Save, and you’ll see a representation of your dashboard.
7. Scroll down and click Hide Table (as we only want to display the number box).
Publish the Dashboard Box
1. Go back to the Report Builder page.
2. Click the Tools menu and click Publish Report.
3. Select Publish as a Dashboard from the drop-down box.
4. Set the Width to 5 and the Height to 3.
5. Click Save.
Share the Dashboard Box
If you want to share this Dashboard, or any other Dashboard, with another User, follow the following three steps:
1. Click the Tools menu and click Share Report.
2. Search for the user(s) in the Add Someone Else search box.
3. Click Share.
Add to your own Dashboard
OK, you’re done. Want to try it out? Here’s how to add it to your dashboard:
1. Go to your Dashboard and click Edit Dashboard in the blue navigation bar.
2. Click Add/Remove Boxes in the blue navigation bar.
3. Tick the dashboard in the Custom Dashboard Boxes column.
4. Click Save.
5. Find the box at the bottom of the grid and use the move icon to drag it to your preferred location and resize if you wish.