Resourcing to an internal code enables you to keep the Staff Availability report accurate and up-to-date. This is best demonstrated with a use case.
Let's look at an example...
Jane Doe will attend a one-day training course in the week of 26th April. This means that she will have 2 rather than 3 days of availability that week.
1. Head to the People tab and select Resourcing. Click Resource Schedule.
2. Find the User from the Resource column and click on their name.
3. From the pop-up box, select Show Availability Panel. You will be taken to the Resource Availability page.
4. Clicking on the blue Internal Code hyperlink to go to the Resource to Internal Codes page.
5. Within the page, click the icon. A pop-up box will appear. Click into the drop-down list and select the appropriate Internal Code and click Save.
6. Once an Internal Code has been added, a corresponding row appears in the page, and you can then enter the relevant Data. In this example, 1 day in the week of 26th April.
You can set the Timeframe so that you view the grid in Days rather than Weeks. Simply click on Days in the top right-hand corner.
Staff Availability Report
Once entered, the Staff Availability report is updated, like so:
The week of 26th April now appears amber.
You can click on Jane Doe’s name to expand their availability breakdown results.