Custom Fields in CMap gives you ultimate flexibility to capture the data you need against Contacts, Accounts, Projects and Users. In this article, you'll learn how to create a new Custom Fields using the Pages tool.
In this article, you'll learn how to:
- Add Custom Fields to Standard CMap Pages
- Add Custom Fields to Custom Pages
- Manage Custom Fields
Add Custom Fields to Standard CMap Pages
1. From your Dashboard, head to the Admin tab. Under the heading CONTENT, click on the Pages Tool.
2. You will be given the option of selecting an area of CMap (i.e. Company Details, Contact Details, Lead Details, Potential Project Details, Live Project Details or User Details) to add your Custom Field to. Select the relevant area from the drop-down list.
3. You will then be taken to the Page Editor screen.
4. On the right-hand side, you will see the Add Custom Field.Here you can enter the following information:
Select a Field Type from the drop-down list.
Note: Not all of these options will be relevant to all areas that you can add a Custom Field to:
Text Field: A free text box for the user to add notes or comments (you have the option to set a character limit).
Drop-down List: A list of pre-defined choices the user can choose from.
Date: A pop-out calendar will allow the user to select a date.
Yes/No: A simple Yes/No tick box.
Multi-line Text Field: A free text box that enables the user to add multiple lines of notes/comments.
Multi-Select Dropdown List: A list of pre-defined choices with the ability to select more than one option.
Multi-Select (with score): A list of pre-defined choices with the ability to select more than one option and to add a numerical score.
User Dropdown List: A list of system users to select from.
User Multi-Select Dropdown List: A list of system users with the ability to select several options.
Enter the name of your Custom Field.
Enter the name your Custom Field will be identified by if it is to be used as a document bookmark on a document template (See Section 7 for more information on Document Templates).
Enter a brief outline of the data required in this field.
If you have added a Dropdown List or a Multi-Select Dropdown List, you will need to provide the Items that Users can select from, using the Dropdown List Editor tool.
5. You can customise your choices further by selecting the following options:
- Required Field: Ticking this makes it mandatory field that a User must complete.
- Private: Ticking this makes the field only visible to members of a specific Security Group
- Self Serve: Ticking this makes the field available for the User to amend / update themselves within their profile.
6. Once you have completed all relevant information to create the Custom Field, click Add Field. A green bar will appear at the top of the page to confirm that your field has been added successfully.
Add Custom Fields to Custom Pages
1. Within the Pages Tool, within the Admin area. Click into the relevant Custom Page from the right-hand side column.
2. You will be taken to the Page Editor page. On the right-hand side, you can add Custom Fields. Now you can following steps 4-6 as outlined in the section above.
Manage Custom Fields
You can edit and position Custom Fields within the Page Editor Tool. Any changes you make here will save automatically.
- Edit Custom Fields: Select the icon to update the Custom Field in the right-hand side panel.
- Reorder Custom Fields: Click and hold the icon to drag the field into its new position.
- Delete Custom Fields: Click the icon and a pop-up box will appear where you will be asked to enter your Initials to confirm you wish to delete the field.
Hopefully you can now create new Custom Fields and add Custom Fields to a Custom Pages to capture any data you require to be stored in the database. Did you know that you can also group Custom Fields that relate to the same area?