This lesson explains how to add an activity to a project.
Step 1: Navigate to the Project Details page of your Potential project located in the Pipeline tab.
Step 2: Click the Add an Activity button at the top of the right-hand panel.
A data capture box will pop-out, prompting you to complete the following fields:
- Activity – Provide a detail of the activity you wish to make e.g. 'Call to see what made of proposal', 'Asked for me to call in 6 months… now is the time' etc.
- Attachment – You can browse and upload files, such as proposals, emails, spreadsheets, etc.
- When – Set a date for your Activity (and CMAP will remind you on that date to fulfil it).
- Responsible – Set an owner for the activity (this defaults to you, but you can set Activities for other CMAP users and use the My Delegated Activities dashboard to monitor them).
- Contact – Select a Contact at the Company to relate the Activity to, if relevant.
- Category – What type of Activity it is e.g. Telephone Call, Meeting, Email, etc.
- Status – Whether it’s an Open (i.e. waiting to be actioned) or a Completed Activity.
Step 3: Click Save and CMAP will add the Activity into the system.
NOTE: Activities that fall within the next 30 days will appear on the My Activities dashboard box located on your Dashboard/Home page.
NOTE: Clicking an Activity on the My Activities dashboard box will transport you to the relevant part of CMAP i.e. if the Activity was added against a Potential project it will take you straight to that Project Details page of that Potential project.
NOTE: To Complete an Open Activity simply tick the tick box on the left-hand side of the Open Activity. It will then automatically move to the Completed Activities section.