This lesson explains how to create invoices that have been approved for creation.
Step 1: Go to you dashboard by clicking the Home tab and find the Invoices Due for Creation box. This box lists all invoices that have been approved for you to create.
Step 2: Click on the invoice you wish to create and CMAP will take you to the Invoice Creator tool.
Step 3: On the right-hand side of the Invoice Creator you’ll find a number of options. Whilst these have already been pre-set, you should review them and change where necessary:
1. Template - Choose the invoice template you wish to use
2. Contact - Choose the contact you want the invoice addressed to
3. Address - Choose the correct address
4. VAT Rate - Choose the appropriate tax rate
5. Invoice Date - Set the date you wish to appear on your invoice
If you look towards the bottom of the right-hand panel, you will see the information that was entered when the invoice was originally scheduled, including the value and any instructional notes. You should refer to this before building your invoice in the following step.
Step 4: The left-hand side of the Invoice Creator is where you enter the content you want to appear on the invoice:
1. The Title field automatically includes the description entered when the invoice was scheduled, but you can change this if you wish.
2. The More Info text box is where you can enter some textual explanation of your invoice if you wish.
3. The bottom section is where you enter the actual invoice lines or Items, consisting of an item description and an amount e.g. Fees for March and £10,000. Enter your content and click the Add button to add your invoice line. You can add as many lines as you like to build up your invoice.
Step 5: Once you’ve entered all of the content for you invoice, if you’re ready to create it click the green Create Invoice button. CMAP will then create your invoice in Microsoft Word and automatically download it to your PC.
NOTE: If you’ve built your invoice but you don’t want to create it yet, you can just click the Save Changes button and CMAP will save your changes but not create the invoice. You can then return and create it when you’re ready.
NOTE: If a PO Number has been entered for the project (this is done on the Project Details page) it will automatically appear in the blue bar at the top of the Invoice Creator and on the invoice that CMAP will create for you.
Step 6: Now that you’ve created your invoice, you can either print it or email it to your client.
Step 7: Return to your dashboard and repeat until all invoices have been created and the Invoices Due for Creation dashboard box is empty.
Alternative Currency Invoicing: This option is great for using when you work in one currency but wish to bill in another. To use this function, fill in the invoice creator as normal, however, click Invoice in a different currency before generating the invoice. The invoice will be created in the chosen currency.
Invoice Time Summary: This option is great for when you’re invoicing a client on the time spent on a project. Click Include Time Summary and you’ll then have to select a date range. The Project Time Summary Report will then be produced for that project during the time frame selected, and generated along with your invoice.