This lesson explains how to use the Custom Field Manager tool in CMAP. Custom Fields enable you to capture the data you need against Contacts, Accounts, Projects and Users.
Step 1: Go into the Admin tab, find the Custom Field Manager tool and click it.
Step 2: You will be given the option of selecting an area of CMAP (i.e., Contacts, Accounts, Projects or User) to add your Custom Field. Select the appropriate area from the dropdown list.
NOTE: If you already have Custom Fields set up against this area, they will be detailed here.
Step 3: You now need to define how you want to capture data via the Custom Field:
• Name – Enter an appropriate name e.g. 'Region'.
• Field Type – Select a Field Type from the dropdown list
- Text Field = A free text box for the user to add notes or comments (limited to a single line)
- Dropdown List = A list of pre-defined choices the user can choose from
- Date = A pop-out calendar will allow the user to select a date
- Yes/No = A simple Yes/No tick box
- Multi-Level Dropdown List = A list of pre-defined choices, with further choices that depend on the initial selection made.
- Multi-line Text Field = A free text box that enables the user to add multiple lines of notes/comments
• Levels – This only applies to Multi-Level Dropdown Lists and is used to define how many levels of data you wish to capture e.g. 'Europe' may be a first level option with 'Germany', 'France', 'Spain', etc. as second level options.
• Required Field – Ticking this makes it a mandatory field.
• Position – Which position you would like it to take in the list of data capture fields in the relevant area i.e. selecting '1' puts it at the top.
Step 4: Once happy, click Add Field and the Custom Field will automatically be applied in the position you selected.
NOTE: Click the Edit pencil icon to edit a Custom Field. Once you have made your edits, click Save.
NOTE: Click 'X' to archive a Custom Field that is no longer required. This removes the Custom Field from the relevant area. Any fields that have already been captured will remain intact.
NOTE: Custom Field can be restored by clicking the Show Archived Items link and clicking Restore next to the appropriate Field.
NOTE: If you also have the Leads or RFP modules you will be able to choose at which stage your Custom Field’s show and whether they are required at the different stages.
NOTE: If you have added a Dropdown List or Multi-level Dropdown List you will need to provide the Items users can select from using the Dropdown List Editor tool (see the lesson for Dropdown List Editor).