The HR module is a great way to centralise and maintain key HR information in CMAP using private fields and security permissions to control who has access to what information.
You can use this functionality to;
- Build a Skills Matrix of your people using CMAP's custom field functionality
- View detailed profiles of people including their skills & projects and clients they have worked with
- Upload documents against specific users or policy documents to the HR Tab for all to access
- Complete Onboarding checklists using CMAP's Automated Activities functionality
The first view you will see when you click on the HR tab is the main interface or the User Grid View. This page gives you an overview of all users in CMAP.
You have the ability to customise the columns in this view, enabling you to see the information most relevant to you by clicking on ‘Actions’ in the top left-hand corner and selecting which fields you would like to see. For example, you could add in a column to show the users email addresses, their start date or the name of their Line Manager.
As with all of the grid views in CMAP, you can also create and save a customised view like the one below which includes Skills and Languages. These Skills and Languages are User Custom Fields which we will cover in more detail later.
You can drill down by clicking on the person’s name to see more information on that specific user. This takes you through to the People Profile view which you will only be able to access if you have been granted the relevant security permissions.
The information on the Peoples Profile page is grouped into categories, with the standard ones being;
- Personal Details - taken from the details entered when the user is created
- Client Experience - shows clients the user has worked with, using the time booked to projects to give this information
- Project Experience - shows projects that the user has worked on, using the time booked to projects to give this information
- Open Activities - activities that have been created against a user in the HR module but not yet completed. We will cover activities in more detail later
- Completed Activities - activities that have been created against a user in the HR module that have been actioned. We will cover activities in more detail later
As mentioned already, you can create user custom fields, for example 'Languages' or 'Skills' which you can view in more detail in the People Profile. Click on this LINK for more information on creating these.
When adding custom fields, you are given the option of selecting the Self-Serve option. Self Serve fields are custom fields that are made available for the user to maintain themselves. These fields can be accessed by clicking on your profile in the top right-hand corner.
It’s also worth noting that when you create a custom field you are also given the option of making the information ‘Private’ This means that only users who have been granted access to Private Fields will have the ability to view this data, giving you an extra level of security and confidentiality, ideal for fields containing personal information.
You can also add activities to the HR area. There are two ways to do this, either manually or via Automated Activity Templates.
Adding an activity manually is really simple, you just need to click the add button on the Open Activities banner and complete the details in the pop up.
Automated Activity Templates are a great way to keep on track with the standard tasks required during the process of Onboarding new users to your company. When you add a new user to CMAP you can select the relevant predefined template which will then prompt tasks to be performed at specific intervals by specific individuals (Please click on this Link for more information on the Automated Activities - HR Activities).
Follow on to learn more about HR Documents using this link.