You can now create your very own bespoke pages within CMAP!
There are two ways to do this, you can either produce a Single Record page, which is a single use list of custom fields which can be grouped, or a Multi Record Page where you can create a grid view with Custom Fields which can be built on and data entered into the custom fields multiple times.
Step 1 - Click ‘Add’ a Custom Page
You will then be given the option to add either a Single Record page or Multi Record page
Step 2 – Click Single Record and select the location you would like to see this sub-page within CMAP
Step 3 – Complete the name field so you can easily identify the Sub-Page when it is in place and click ‘Add Page’
You will then be taken to the Page Editor where you can start to build your very own Custom Page
Step 4: Add a Custom Field - You now need to define how you want to capture data via the Custom Field:
- Field Type – Select a Field Type from the dropdown list
- Text Field= A free text box for the user to add notes or comments (you have the option to set a character limit)
- Dropdown List= A list of pre-defined choices the user can choose from
- Date= A pop-out calendar will allow the user to select a date
- Yes/No= A simple Yes/No tick box
- Multi-line Text Field= A free text box that enables the user to add multiple lines of notes/comments
- Multi-Select Dropdown List = A list of pre-defined choices with the ability to select more than one option.
- Multi-Select (with score) = A list of pre-defined choices with the ability to select more than one option and to add a numerical score.
- User Dropdown List = A list of system users to select from
- User Multi-Select Dropdown List = A list of system users with the ability to select several options.
NOTE: Not all of these options will be relevant to all areas that you can add a Custom Field to.
- Field Name= Enter the name of your custom field
- Bookmark= Enter the name your custom field will be identified by if is to be used as a document bookmark (i.e. ‘What Eent Well?’ Might be called whatwentwell for the bookmark.
- Tooltip= Enter a brief outline of the data required in this field
NOTE: If you have added a Dropdown List or Multi-Select Dropdown List you will need to provide the Items users can select from using the Dropdown List Editor tool (see the lesson for Dropdown List Editor).
Once you have completed all of the relevant information, click ‘Add Field’. You will then see a green bar appear at the top of the page to confirm that your field has been added successfully.
- Click on the ‘pencil’ icon to edit
- Click the ‘X’ icon to archive
- Click the ‘Move’ icon to drag & drop the Custom Field to reorder as required
Step 5 – Publishing your page
At this stage the page you are building shows a status of ‘Pending’ and will only be visible to you in the Page Editor screen.
Once you have added your Custom Fields you can ‘Publish’ your page, this means that it will then be available for all relevant users to view as long as they have the right permissions in Security Groups. The page status will then show as ‘Live’.
NOTE: You will need to grant permission to view the page via Security Groups.
You will then be able to view the Sub-Page you have created…..
…..Complete the details…..
And if you change your mind and want to remove the page you can also Un-Publish Page so it will only be visible to you in the Page Editor screen again.
And that’s it, we hope you enjoy using CMAP Pages to banish some of your external spreadsheets and databases.