Don’t worry, you can retain control of sensitive and confidential information by managing access via Security Groups.
The Security options for People Profiles, People Documents and Documents are split to give you that extra level of control. You can give the users the following levels of access;
- No Access - The user has no access to that area
- Read Only - The user only has permission to view the information in that area and cannot edit/amend
- Edit - The user can edit the information in that area but cannot create/delete
- Full Control - The user has the ability to edit, create and delete information held in this area
The permissions are split between Me, My People and Other People. Each of these are explained below:
- Me - Controls permissions to the user's own People Profile and Documents
- My People - Controls permissions for the people the user is a Line Manager of
- Other People - Controls permissions for all people the user isn’t a Line Manger of (i.e. everyone else)
If you have also created custom pages for the HR module, you have the same level of control with regards to the permissions on each page.
In addition to the permissions outlined above, there are a couple of binary options:
- An option to prevent access to the Activities within the HR module
- An option to allow the user to View Private Fields
These binary options can be switched on/off accordingly.
If you require any information regarding the new Security Groups please contact our Support Team.
Follow on to the next guide using this link to learn about creating User Custom Fields which can be used to build up more information about your Users.