Plan: All Plans
Edition: All Editions
In this article, you’ll learn how to push Sales Invoices to Xero. The majority of the information gathered in this tool comes from the Project and Invoice in CMap. Once the Sales Invoice has been successfully pushed to Xero, you will be able to view them in the Purchases area within Accounts as a draft. Here, they can be reviewed and approved, which moves them on to live customer accounts.
In this article, we’ll look at:
- How to push a Sales Invoices to Xero
- Map Default Nominals
How to push Sales Invoices into Xero
1. On your Dashboard, go to the Finance tab. On the left-hand side navigation bar, you’ll see the section, “XERO”, where you can access all of the Xero integration tools. Select Push Sales Invoices. This shows you all of the Invoices that are ready for transfer.
NOTE: If you are using this tool for the first time, you will be asked to authorize CMap to push/pull information to Xero. Simply press Connect to XERO to continue.
2. Select the Xero company that you would like to connect to from the dropdown list and press Allow access for 30mins.
NOTE: If you are already logged in to Xero, you’ll be redirected back to CMap. If not, you may need to enter your Xero login details here.
3. If applicable, select the relevant CMap Office from the dropdown list in the top left-hand corner.
4. Select “Expand All” which will expose all Invoice line details instead of just the top-level Invoice details.
5. Using the tick boxes, select the Invoices you wish to push to Xero and select the relevant Nominal Code.
NOTE: Selecting the Nominal Code is not mandatory and can be actioned in Xero once pushed.(Please see the Map Default Nominals section below if you wish to automate the Nominal Code selection.)
6. Ensure all details are correct and to finalise the process, please select Push Invoices.
What happens next?
Once the push action has completed, you will receive the green confirmation banner at the top of CMap stating the number of transactions that have successfully been pushed to Xero. The pushed Invoices and Credits will now be present in Xero’s Invoices Draft section waiting for approval
If any of the Invoices or Credits did not push through successfully then you will receive a red warning banner.
In this instance, a red exclamation icon will appear next to the offending transaction(s). When hovering your cursor over the red icon, a validation error message will display detailing why Xero denied the transaction.
NOTE: If you do come across this, please contact CMap Support detailing the affected transactions and screenshots of the validation message. This information will be pivotal in determining why Xero has not accepted this.
Map Default Nominal tool
Within the Push Sales Invoices tool, you can default the Nominal Code set on each Invoice line. To configure this option, please select Actions and then click Map Default Nominals.
The below menu will surface allowing you to specify a default code for your Fee or Additional Invoice lines.
NOTE: the Fee or Additional category is dependent on your Invoicing features in CMap.
If you do default your Fee or Additional Invoice lines, you can still choose a different code when you come to push the transaction if required.
This list of Nominal Codes, just like the lists in the main Push Sales Invoices screen, is pulled directly from your Xero organisation.
Want to learn more? Watch our Xero Integration Academy video here.